Thursday, August 26, 2010

Chipotle Apple Grilled Chicken

I have to start by telling you I have become a brining convert! I have always turned my nose up at brining...too clique like and food fad for my tastes, until....One of Chris' UT (Hook Em) buddys online talked about Sweetwater Spice Company "baths"....Holy Cow!!! LOVE it!

You can brine the chicken and serve as is, basted with your fave bbq sauce (or try my recipe below),served with sauce on the side...you know my motto - whatever makes you happy!

1 bottle Sweetwater Spice Company Chipotle Apple BBQ bath***
1-2 lbs chicken breasts (depending on how many you are feeding)

2 cups bbq sauce (I like Stubb's Original)
1/2 cup apple sauce
1-2 tbs minced chipotle peppers in adobe sauce***


Follow the directions on bottle of bbq bath for brining chicken breasts. While chicken is brining, combine bbq sauce, apple sauce and chipotle peppers in a saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a low boil and then reduce heat to a simmer. Stir occasionally and simmer until ready to grill chicken.



Preheat grill. When ready add chicken breasts and grill 10-15 minutes, or until cooked through. Baste chicken with sauce last 5 minutes of grilling. Serve with additional sauce at table. Enjoy!

*** Chipotle peppers are optional. My kiddos like with plain bbq sauce.

*** Find Sweetwater Spice Co products at Whole Foods.

1 comment: