Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Grilled Chicken Remoulade

I took Chris and the kiddos to HEB with my last weeknd to do some "quick" grocery shopping....yeah, I know...what the heck was I thinking?! Besides having to tell the kids and hubby "NO" on all the junk they kept putting in the basket, we had to stop at each and every food sample station!

One of the in-store cooking demo chefs was making a tasty looking pork stirfry...unfortunately, it didn't taste as yummy as it looked. I took the recipe card with me anyway. Fast forward to the other day when I was trying to decide what to cook for dinner. I saw the recipe card on the counter and thought "I really liked some parts of the dish, maybe I can fix it"...so I did. The original recipe was for a pork stirfry with snow peas. The new recipe is what you see here. The sauce is reminiscent of my fave remoulade recipe. I kept the snow peas, just steamed them, drizzled them with garlicky butter and served the brown rice on the side. Even "Mr. Picky Pants" aka my 12 yr old son loved this dish.

6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
olive oil
3 tbs. Adams Reserve "Kicked Up Chicken" rub*
3/4 cup apricot preserves
1/4 cup yellow mustard
3 tbsp apple juice
1/2 tsp fresh cracked pepper

In a small bowl combine preserves, mustard, juice and pepper. Stir to blend and set aside.
Preheat grill to medium. Spray or lightly brush chicken breasts with olive oil. Sprinkle rub over chicken and gently press into chicken.
Once grill is ready, grill chicken 8 minutes. Flip chicken over and brush (or spoon)glaze over chicken. Let chicken cook 3-5 minutes and glaze again. Grill chicken another 7-8 minutes or unitl chicken is cooked through.

*Can't find Adams brand, no worries. Just use your fave spicy chicken rub.

No comments:

Post a Comment