Saturday, January 1, 2011

Looking Back and Heading Forward

Happy New Year to you and yours!!!

I am sitting here at the breakfast table, sipping a mimosa (recipe to follow), Harrison is puttering around the kitchen making fudgy brownies...the girls are nestled on the sofa bed in the game room watching Disney channel and the Bama/Wisconsin game is on in the family room in honor of Lora (my little brother's girlfriend)and my neice, Carolanne who will be a freshman at Bama next fall...yeah this die hard, bleeds burnt orange Longhorn gal is rooting for Bama today :)

As I sit here typing...I realize just how blessed my life truly is...my house is filled with people I love...amazing smells coming from the kitchen...I am a very lucky girl. I am also reflecting on the past year...for the most part...we had a wonderful 2010. God gave me another year to watch my children blossom and grow...Emily grabbed first grade by the horns and refuses to slow down...Tori in fourth grade...boys and fashion have become a priority and Harrison in seventh grade (how in the Hell did that happen??)...a ham on stage and off, a budding chef/foodie... my little boy isn't so little anymore.

My sweet husband continued to be busy at work...a good thing in such a tough economy...our family is thankful business is good!

Birthdays...anniversaires...trips to Wimberley...girl scout meetings...french class...theater productions...trick or treating...turkey with all the trimmings..Christmas morning...and the year is suddenly over...where does it go...why with every year does the time seem to pass even faster?! I sometimes ask God to give me a pause button on life...just let me slow it all down and hold on to the moment...just once...let me stop time long enough to soak it all in...smell Emily's sweet baby smell one minute longer...hear an encore of Tori singing Amazing Grace in the tub...snuggle Harrison while watching TV (without him saying "uh..really Mom? and rolling his eyes).

What does 2011 have in store for my family...who knows...well, GOD knows...His plan for the New Year will unfold as it should...on His terms (not mine). I look forward to all 2011 has to offer.

My wish for you and your family is a year filled with joy, peace and happiness (and good food)....

Have a blessed and beautiful day!!!
xoxo,
rox

No comments:

Post a Comment