Thursday, March 24, 2011

Aegean Edamame Salad

While in Orlando for Spring Break, I came across the yummiest Edamame salad at Publix (local grocery). It is made by Cedar's and is delish! I adore Edamame and to find a non-asian flavored salad made me dance for joy (much to the embarrassment of my children)! I actully bought an extra carton, packed it on ice and brought it back home.

I searched for this yumm-o salad here at home...but no luck :(

Always up for a culinary challenge, I created my own version and it is pretty darn close.

Enjoy!

Aegean Edamame Salad

2 cups edamame, cooked according to package instructions; drained and cooled.
1/2 cup roasted red pepper, diced (use your fave jarred brand)
1/2 cup roasted corn*
1/2 cup craisins
1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
2 tbsp freshly chopped cilantro
1/2 cup Briannas brand Blush Wine Vinaigrette dressing**
pinch kosher salt
1/2 tsp fresh ground pepper

In a medium glass bowl, combine all ingriedents. Stir well to combine. Cover and refrigerate overnight to blend flavors. Taste and correct salt and pepper if neccesary.

* 1/2 cup equals about 1 1/2 ears fresh corn. To roast, remove husk and silks from ears of corn. Spray lightly with olive oil and either broil or grill corn until charred and cooked about 10 minutes. Turn corn frequently during cooking. Let cool and cut corn from cobs.

** You can use more dressing to suit your own taste.

2 comments: