Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Venison Chops in Spiced Red Wine Marinade

In an attempt to clean the stockpile of venison out of our freezer, I have been on a major search for new recipes (have I mentioned I DO NOT like venison)?! My hubby found this marinade recipe and forwarded it to me. I did deer backstrap in it this weekend and it was yumm-o (that's saying alot, coming from a non-deer meat fan)! I can sooooo see using this marinadde on a pork or beef tenderloin, ribeyes, flank or skirt steak...ahhhh, the possibilites are endless!

2 pounds of venison chops*
1/2 cup red wine
1/4 cup olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 teaspoon black peppercorns (whole)
1/2 teaspoon cumin seeds
1/4 teaspoon allspice
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon salt

In a bowl or sealable plastic bag, combine wine, oil, garlic, peppercorns, cumin, allspice and bay leaves. Add venison and marinate for 4-6 hours.
When ready to grill, remove meat from marinade and pat dry with paper towels. Cook to desired doneness & enjoy!

*can use chops, steaks, tenderloin, backstrap...whatever you have in the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment