Thursday, March 22, 2012

Paleo Truffle Bites...Chocolate Love!





This stuff is AMAZING!!! Tastes like nutty dark chocolate and I am all about dark chocolate anything!

Chris and the kids are quite happy to eat the yummy Paleo dishes I serve, but all of them threw world class hissy fits when they learned that Paleo meant NO sugar...which in their minds meant NO dessert! I reassured my sugar junkies that Paleo eating DID NOT mean no dessert (are you kidding me)...Rox without dessert is a bad thing...a very bad thing!

It is a must for me to have paleo friendly treats on hand for Chris...he has a tendancy to raid the pantry & fridge after dinner on a search for all things sugary sweet.

After an afternoon spent "pinning" (you know what I'm talking about), I found a recipe for Paleo Coconut Fudge from Kara over at The Primal Home blog (which is Amazing...great resource for the Paleo family)!!! I tweaked the original recipe a tad and here is my version which, as you can see is no longer called fudge...Chris said while it was really yummy, it had more of a ganache consistency and mouth feel...thus the Paleo Truffle bite was born! I am thinking about using this as a filling for a wonderful chocolate tart, maybe a pecan crust topped with chocolatey goodness...yes please!

Paleo Truffle Bites

3/4 cup raw almond butter*
1/3 cup melted coconut oil
1/4 cup honey
1/2 cup cocoa powder


Line a 8x8" baking pan with parchment, leaving an overhang on sides of pan.
Put all ingriedents in a mixing bowl and stir well to thoroughly combine.
Pour fudge mxture into prepared pan and put in fridge until firm. Using the parchment "handles" lift from pan and cut into 1" squares. You can dust the squares with cocoa powder for a true truffle experience or leave them plain...either way, you are gonna love em!

*Raw almond butter has a crunchy, almost grainy texture (which I love), but if you prefer a smoother chocolate go ahead and use creamy almond butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment