Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

I hope all the Moms in my world know how truly inspiring they are to me. I suppose I should let them know how I feel about them more often! Growing up in one foster home after another, Mother's Day was not a day of celebration for me. My social worker would pick me up and take me to the designated meeting place and I would spend a couple of hours with my Mom. The card or pictures I made for her never seemed to elicit the reaction I wanted from her. I wanted her to cry and hug me and tell me she would protect me forever and ever-that she missed me every single day and was sorry for what had happened in our family.

Fast Forward to this morning when my sweet Emily proudly presented me with a beautiful photograph of herself framed in silver painted macaroni noodles...I hugged her for what seemed like an eternity and cried...big crocodile tears of pure happiness! My precious Tori was next...Her Dove shaped card and poem about "the BEST Mom in the World", again brought me to tears. My big boy, now to old for noodle frames and cards gave his Mom a huge hug and peanut butter cups (my favorite)!

I am humbled by the fact that God has blessed my life with these three amazingly beautiful children!!! In my world each and every day is Mother's Day - days filled with hugs and kisses, bedtime stories and belly laughs. I tell my children each and every day how much I love them and that I miss them terribly when they are away from me.

Happy Mother's Day to all of the fabulous Moms in my life!!!

God Bless,

rox

No comments:

Post a Comment