Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Where does the time go????

I am certain it was just yesterday that we welcomed a beautiful 8lb 8oz baby boy into this world and now today he is approaching his twelfth birthday and winding down his first year of middle school...how did this happen? How could my third child, Emily Grace be turning six next month? She was just a baby the other day....and then there is Tori, who in a matter of minutes went from curly headed toddler belting out every song by The Wiggles to a training bra wearing, boy loving, giggling as she dances to Lady Gaga nine year old....this just is not possible...Where did the time go??? As for Chris and myself, were we not just on the beach in Cayman reciting our wedding vows??? Newlyweds, strolling along Cemetery beach...sipping tropical drinks all afternoon...was that really 16 years ago...Is it really possible that this weekend we are celebrating Chris' 53rd birthday...and I would really like to know how in the world I could possibley have just turned FORTY...there must be a mistake...truly...I can't be forty years old already!!! Someone needs to explain this one to me, seriously! Guess I cannot leave out my wonderful baby brother, Jake...sweet little blue eyed monster that used to pull my hair and call me booger breath. Where did he go? I just spent time with him last weekend and he did not pull my hair or call me goofy names....somewhere along the way, get this...he grew up...lives in a wonderful home with the love of his life and their sweet Molly dog. He has a great career and future. The holy terror from my childhood is now a responsible, amazing, loving ADULT! I suppose I should quit calling him my baby brother now that he decided to turn 34....really, he was a a baby just yesterday, I swear he was.

I know I will blink and Harrison will be driving or worse...leaving for college! Another blink and Tori will be picking china patterns and wedding gowns. If I blink again, Emily will be the mommy and that will make me the "Gigi" (grandmother, for those outside our family). One more blink and Chris and I are no longer talking about growing old together...we will be old together!

Where does the time go???

God Bless and Goodnight y'all!

rox

No comments:

Post a Comment