Friday, July 2, 2010

Boys Only Mom!

I am sitting here shaking my head.....today is my sweet boy's birthday party (he turns twelve on the 15th) and I wasn't invited to his party. Sure, I arranged the movie tickets, spent an hour at Pretty Penny pouring over paper for the invitations, ordered the cake....but I was not invited. Harrison asked if it was okay "for Dad to take the guys and I" and "you and the girls could stay home"..."please, Mom"?! So I held back my tears and said sure, sounds like a great plan...just the boys.

I knew this was coming....just not so soon. My sweet little boy no longer clings to my side...always holding my hand and wanting me near. He wants and needs his independence. He wants and needs to grow up...no matter how I yearn for him to stay little. I used to tell him that I was going to put a brick on his head to keep him from growing up...he would clap his chubby little hands to his face and saw "oh Mommy, you so silly"! Now when I say that goofy line, he rolls his eyes and says "uh, right Mom...whatever"!

The boys are back from Studio Movie Grill and are chowing on cookie cake...."God Mom...no pictures"..."Mom, go away"..."Mom, your jokes are not that funny"....Instead of taking 100 pictures of Harrison and his friends, I am sitting in the quiet of my room blogging...I can hear the boys laughing at each other, being silly, being pre-teen boys, having a great time...without me.

Please don't get me wrong...I am not complaining. I treasure each and every moment I get to watch my children grow and blossom. I just have a hard time accepting each "new chapter" of their lives. I want to hold onto them as long as I can...keeping my little ones little for just a while longer.

Harrison is no longer my baby...he is a bright, extremely funny , caring, generous young man and I am blessed to have him as my son...even when tells me, "boys only Mom".

God Bless and goodnight,

Rox

No comments:

Post a Comment