Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Peach & Chile Glazed Chicken Cutlets

I created this recipe when the one I was trying to make just wasn't "floating my boat"! The end result was wonderful served on a bed of simple brown rice...even the picky eater praised it!


6 chicken cutlets***
kosher salt
fresh cracked pepper

Marinade/Glaze

1 clove garlic minced
1/2 cup peach preserves
1/4 cup peach nectar
1 tsp soy sauce
generous pinch red chile flakes
1 tbsp olive oil

Preheat grill to medium high. Season cutlets with salt and pepper. Combine marinade/glaze ingredients in a small bowl & whisk to combine. Pour over chicken cutlets and let rest 15-20 minutes.

When grill is ready, add chicken and cook 6-8 minutes per side. Remove cutlets to an oven proof skillet (I use my cast iron skillet) and pour remaining glaze over cutlets. Broil in oven until sauce is thickened and glaze on chicken is nice and bubbly, about 5 minutes give or take. Remove and plate chicken on a bed of rice. Drizzle a generous spoonful of pan juices over chicken & rice. Enjoy!!!

*** I make my own chicken cutlets by cutting boneless skinless breasts into halves and pounding out to about 1/2" thick with flat meat mallet.

No comments:

Post a Comment