Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Christmas Spirit

My Christmas spirit hit a bump in the road last night and I lost sight of what this time of year really means to me. I am no longer angry about last night's silliness...just blessed to know how many amazing friends I have. Christmas spirit fills every inch of my home and I wouldn't have it any other way. My children know the story (too well probably)of my not so storybook childhood...the unfit parents...the dozens of foster homes...social workers...The Angel Tree (my kiddo's favorite to share)....blah, blah, blah! I missed out on many family holiday traditions, experiences & memories. Foster parents try, but it is still their Christmas tree, their decorations, traditions...I knew that if I ever got the chance to have a family, my home would burst at the seams with what Christmas really is all about, FAMILY and the beautiful memories a family makes together- decorating the tree, sharing recipes, the joy and excitement Christmas morning brings, the love and contentment. I am quite disappointed in myself tonight...I got angry over something so trivial and petty that I lost my Christmas spirit for a moment. A lesson learned for me I suppose. This time of year brings out the best in some and the not so best in others. During the holidays I fill my home with family and friends because I so enjoy sharing Christmas with the special people in my life. Merry, Merry Christmas to everyone I love and hold dear!!!

God Bless and Good Night,

Rox

No comments:

Post a Comment